[flexcoders] Re: AIR: How to connect to external proxy

Friday, January 06, 2012

 

Hi -

I'm having a hard time with this issue. I'm guessing that I'm not the first person who has had to work behind a firewall when accessing data so I'm not sure why I can't find any documentation on the web anywhere about this.

AIR says it is supposed to automatically know and use the proxy configuration from your system, i.e. default browser. In there, I don't set a manual proxy, I use the 'automatic configuration' and point it to a .dat file. Could this be where the problem is? Does AIR not know how to understand this?

There's no way to set a proxy on an HTTPService component unless you are using Blaze DS or LCDS? Is this true? I'd hate to have to add that to my application just so I can get this accomplished.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew" <fumeng5@...> wrote:
>
> Hi -
>
> I need my AIR app to connect to an external proxy via HTTPService call and I'm not using Blaze DS.
>
> How do I go about this? I can't figure it out.
>
> Any helpful tips are greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment