[agile-testing] Re: Are testers equally valued on agile teams?

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

 

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for bringing up this interesting topic, it push me to my first comment on this list :)

As a Test Lead and Test Manager, I have different experiences on Agile projects, in most of them I haven't had to earn my credibility, I've felt like an equally valued team member even when I don't have a programmer experience, but perhaps this is because I'm a System Engineering with a whole understanding on Software development.

I noticed that in Agile projects testers have more opportunities to work side by side with the team in a collaborative way, where everybody contributes with different points of view to achieve the project goals. This interaction helps to change the "developers mind" against the testers, considering them as an invaluable key of quality success. Testers have to be aware of it and take it as an advantage to gain credibility.

On the other hand I believe that passive testers, who only compliance with the tasks assigned don't help to be considered like equals, in this way a proactive attitude and a real participation on project decisions, providing with a clear status reports of the product quality is a good start point.

Regards, Maria

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment