[agile-testing] Are testers equally valued on agile teams?

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

 

I've pretty much always felt that, as a tester, I was valued as highly as programmers or others on the team, even in non-agile shops. Not that I haven't had to earn my credibility, but generally I've felt like an equally valued team member. But perhaps this is because I started out my career as a programmer? I've heard lots of stories of testers who were treated like failed programmers or the like.

Since agile values promote the whole team approach, cross-functional teams where all roles have equal value, I'd like to think that there's no caste system on agile teams.

If you're a tester on an agile team, I'd like to know your experience. Do you feel that all team members are equally valued?
thanks
Lisa

--
Lisa Crispin
Co-author with Janet Gregory, _Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers and Agile Teams_ (Addison-Wesley 2009)
Contributor to _Beautiful Testing_ (O'Reilly 2009)
http://lisacrispin.com
@lisacrispin on Twitter
http://entaggle.com/lisacrispin

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment