[flexcoders] Repost: Adobe AIR 1.5.1: issue on opening encrypted DB

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

 

Hi all,

I got a sqlite DB that's encrypted with AES256 using sqlite3 command line tool:

sqlite3.exe -key test123Test test.db

I able to do this encryption because I bought the SEE license.

And I did test that the encryption does work, I could not view the DB content directly using the DB Admin Tool I have but I could view the content using the sqlite3 command line tool.

I believe the reason why my DB Admin Tool couldn't work because it doesn't have the SEE license.

Anyway, I tried to open this with ADOBE AIR and I did make sure passing the encryption key as part of the argument.

But what I got is an error msg:

Error message: Error #3125: Unable to open the database file.

Details: An encryption key cannot be specified when the database is not encrypted.

So this brings me to this question:

- What kind of SQLite encryption does ADOBE AIR really supports?

- Does ADOBE have SEE license?

Please enlighten me.

Thx!

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment