[flexcoders] Re: Flex alternatives

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

 

Hi Joaoak:

You can make the coupling as tight or loose as you want. Each UI object can have a client side widget that is primarily the appearance, and a server side component that should contain the more complex logic. So, you can hide as much as want by placing it in the server side component as Java code, or keep in the client side widget as JS. In fact, since you indicate you are moving to HTML5, ZKoss actually might be a good choice, since it relies heavily on jQuery, which is considered a favorite HTML5 library. The difference is ZK lets you choose where client side logic is stored - as JS on the client or Java on the server. Another type of HTML5 approach won't offer that.

Ron

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "joaoak" <joao.saleiro@...> wrote:
>
> From what I've seen, in Zkoss there's a strong coupling between the server and the client. I might be wrong, but when I tested the demos it looked to me that any user interaction (ex: clicking on a button) ends up in a call to the server. I'm not a big fan of this approach...
>
> I think you might find this article interesting for this discussion: "After 6 years doing Flex, am I moving to HTML5?": https://plus.google.com/109047477151984864676/posts/CVGJKLMMehs
>
> Bottom line: when working on enterprise RIAs, I would lower my expectations on finding a viable alternative to Flex, at least for the next two years. In the meantime, either you cut on the requirements and UX, or simply stick with Flex.
>
> JS
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment