[flexcoders] Re: Flex alternatives

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

 

Yes, that is the case with my company as well (300,000+ employees) but there is procedures for getting things done. We have all kinds of in house built applications and a special installer application for installing them on users machines.

As I said, the AIR apps are only used for building IOS apps.

Flash Player is updated regularly and is pushed to every computer on the network.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Ron G" <rgrimes@...> wrote:
>
> The problem with that approach is a lot of people are behind corporate firewalls where they also do not have local admin rights and are therefore not allowed to install anything on their desktop. If they want it, they have to call the network guys and get authorization and then have them install it. That's the way my company is and we're over 5000 employees strong. Now, if that's just one company, I can safely say you're still excluding millions by going with an AIR app. This is the reason I never used the AIR feature before, but always deployed my web apps as SWFs. Even that was a problem if someone had an older version of Flashplayer and I had built the app for a newer version of FP.
>
> Ron
>
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "valdhor" <valdhorlists@> wrote:
> >
> > On the suggestion that I will be leaving IOS devices out, that seems absurd. You can use the same Flex code and with some modifications make it into an AIR app that can be compiled for IOS devices.
> >
> > Again, all just my perspective. I think some people are blowing the open source announcement out of all perspective.
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment