[agile-testing] Re: Continuous Deployment

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

 

--- In agile-testing@yahoogroups.com, "seanalexaoife" <coyle.james@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> question for my esteemed colleagues:
>
> Continuous deployment / continuous delivery is a hot topic these days.
>And one area I'm particularly interested in is 'self-testing software' ...
>

Hello James -

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but you might want to look into exploratory test automation (Kaner/Hoffman) or Model Based Testing (Harry Robinson) -- those are two techniques that create a model of how the software should operate, send random input into the system, into the model, and look to see what's different.

Here's one website on the topic:

http://www.geocities.com/model_based_testing/

Another question that occurs to me, that I probably should have said first, is something like "... and why do you ask?"

:-)

regards,

--
Matthew Heusser,
Consulting Software Tester/Writer
http://flavors.me/mheusser#150/linkedin

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment